4th call “Ranetas VR Fest”
Edition 2018: 4th Edition
Festival dates: from 9th to 25th November 2018.
Place: municipal exhibition hall from Alcañiz, Teruel, Spain.
Organizers: “Las Ranetas” Cultural Association.
Section: "Experiences and short films in virtual reality".
- Participation includes any film experience and production using graphic engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal…) or video recordings designed to be adequately visualized in the following Virtual Reality viewers: Oculus Rift CV1, HTC Vive and Samsung Gear VR.
Section: "Art exposition in virtual reality and augmented reality".
- We accept virtual reality-based art works made with any program compatible with the following Virtual Reality viewers: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift CV1 or Samsung Gear VR (we accept works in Tilt Brush, Kodon, Oculus Medium, Google Blocks, Unity, Unreal…).
- We also accept augmented reality-based art works which can be visualized in Android or IOS
Presentation format and registration information requirements.
- Works may be also sent in any physical formatting to the following post address:
Asociación Las Ranetas, Apdo. Correos 110. 44600 Alcañiz (Teruel) - Spain.
- The information required along with any submitted work is the following:
Title, work duration and synopsis, the producer’s name (studio or individual person), as well as a small biography and a telephone number and e-mail address.
Deadlines and publication dates of the selected works.
- Works should be sent from the 4th June until the 30th September 2018.
- Once the works are received, the selection process will follow.
- The selected works will be exhibited in the festival, and the list of selected works will be announced in www.ranetas.es approximately 2 weeks before the beginning of the festival.
Among the selected works, the jury will decide the following awards:
- Best experience- Short film in virtual reality awarded with 10000 Stellite
- Best virtual reality-based art work, awarded with 10000 Stellite
- Best augmented reality-based art work, awarded with 10000 Stellite
Free entrance to the festival. The festival is organized with no lucrative purposes, but only with the objective of making the virtual reality and augmented reality available and known to everyone from the Bajo Aragon region.