Edition 2019: 5th Edition
Festival dates: November 2019.
Place: municipal exhibition hall from Alcañiz, Teruel, Spain.
Organizers: “Las Ranetas” Cultural Association.
Section: "Experiences and short films in virtual reality".
- Participation includes any film experience and production using graphic engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal…) or video recordings designed to be adequately visualized in the Virtual Reality viewers.
Section: "Art exposition in virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality and with Artificial Intelligence".
- We accept virtual reality-based art works made with any program compatible with the following Virtual Reality viewers: Tilt Brush, Kodon, Oculus Medium, Google Blocks, Unity, Unreal…
- We also accept art works based in augmented reality, mixed reality and with Artificial Intelligence which can be visualized in Android or IOS and also in beamers or any other device which may be available for the organization.
Presentation format and registration information requirements.
Works may be sent using the following options:
- Using the platform Festhome available in this link.
- Works may be also sent in any physical formatting to the following post address:
Asociación Las Ranetas, Apdo. Correos 110. 44600 Alcañiz (Teruel) - Spain.
- The information required along with any submitted work is the following: title, work duration and synopsis, the producer’s name (studio or individual person), as well as a small biography and a telephone number and e-mail address.
Deadlines and publication dates of the selected works.
- Works should be sent from the 4th June until the 15th October 2019.
- Once the works are received, the selection process will follow.
- The selected works will be exhibited in the festival, and the list of selected works will be announced in www.ranetas.es approximately 2 weeks before the beginning of the festival.
Among the selected works, the jury will decide the following awards:
- Best experience- Short film in virtual reality.
- Best virtual reality-based art work.
- Best augmented reality-based art work.
The awards will be prized with CREA, a type of cryptocurrency designed to promote and empower the digital culture and digital art work production. Creary.net is the Blockchain platform of the creative portfolio which promotes the use of this cryptocurrency. Using an algorithm, CREA are distributed every day to the authors, according to the voting scored by the community users. In Creary the authors can safely certify their Author’s rights over their art works and, at the same time, they can distribute them directly to their followers, users and fans. For formalize the award, the organization will provide an e-mail address from the CREA community to the awarded artist, together with the steps or instructions to follow for registering their art work in the platform and retrieve the cryptocurrency. Click here for more information about Creary platform.
Free entrance to the festival. The festival is organized with no lucrative purposes, but only with the objective of making the virtual reality and augmented reality available and known to everyone from the Bajo Aragon region.